I don’t know about your Mom but mine told me to do the following. Turns out, she was spot-on!
- Always be punctual. Being late creates a bad first impression (extremely difficult to dispel!)
- Say please and thank you. Courtesy is always appreciated and is a show of respect.
- Work hard. People that accomplish great things often work harder than those that don’t Effort counts!
- Don’t give up; be persistent. (None of us would be walking if we gave up the first time we tried it and fell right onto our butt!)
- Be nice. What goes around come around. Need I say more.
Thanks Mom. I’ve been following your advice all these years and it has served me well.
What about you? Are you listening to your Mom?